A set-back for Watford last weekend, as Manchester United (and David De Gea) brought an end to their 100% record. Fulham are a slightly different story: just the one win in the Premier League so far this season and that was the 4-2 victory over Burnley back in August.
Here’s your stats digest as the two meet at Craven Cottage for Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off.
- Neeskens Kebano and Tim Ream are definitely ruled out, but Tom Cairney – who missed the defeat to Manchester City – has an outside chance of making the bench.
- Tom Cleverley is a long-term absentee for Watford, while Gerard Deulofeu also remains out.
- Only three Fulham players have scored league goals this season: Aleksandar Mitrovic (3), Andre Schurrle (2) and Jean-Michael Seri (1).
- Luciano Vietto has made a team-high two assists (but has also given away a penalty).
- Mitrovic is recording a team-high 4 shots per game currently.
- Mitrovic is also giving away possession over twice as often as any of his teammates (at an average of 3.4 times per game).
- Maxime Le Marchand (four appearances) is leading the side with an average of three successful tackles per game.
- Fulham currently have one of the better disciplinary records in the division, having only collected 6 yellow cards (and no red) in their five games.
- Outside the traditional top-six, they’re also averaging the highest possession (52%).
- Only Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City have bettered their 84.5% pass accuracy too.
- Roberto Pereyra is Watford’s top-scorer (3).
- Jose Holebas has provided a team-high 4 assists.
- Roberto Pereyra and Troy Deeney are each averaging 2.2 shots per game currently, more than any other Watford players.
- Etienne Capoue has picked up four yellow cards in his five appearances so far.
- Hardly surprising, as Capoue is currently averaging 2 fouls per game, more than any other Watford player.
- Watford have managed four wins from five in spite of enjoying an average of just 45.5% possession.
- Only Tottenham have scored more goals from set-pieces than Watford (3).
- Only Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool are conceding fewer shots per game than Watford’s 8.6.
- 59% of Fulham’s shots have come from outside the box this season, the highest in the division.
Both sides to score: 4/7
Aleksandar Mitrovic to score first: 9/2
Odds are provided at time of writing, please check your betslip to confirm they have not changed before betting.