The second weekend of the Premier League season brings the second heavyweight clash. Although perhaps Arsenal against Chelsea is a battle between former title-contenders, it still pits one debutant manager against another: Unai Emery versus Maurizio Sarri, whose ideas have taken hold quicker?
- Cesc Fabregas will not be fit to face his former club.
- Sead Kolasinac, Laurent Koscielny and Ainsley Maitland-Miles are all out long-term and will not be involved.
- Maurizio Sarri must choose between Ross Barkley and new loan signing Mateo Kovacic.
- Eden Hazard will likely start from the bench again, having returned late from the World Cup
- Following the injury to Maitland-Niles, Emery should hand a full debut to Stephan Lichsteiner, albeit in an unfamiliar left-back role.
- Lucas Torreira should also start, having been confined to a sub appearance on opening day.
- Chelsea enjoyed 60.2% possession against Huddersfield last weekend, while Arsenal – even at home – managed just 45.6% against Manchester City.
- Matteo Guendouzi had a largely unsuccessful debut, but still completed 4 tackles and 4 interceptions.
- Petr Cech’s issues with playing out from the back weren’t quite as advertised, as he completed 73.8% of his passes. Cech is again expected to start ahead of Bernd Leno.
- Alexandre Lacazette spent just 36 minutes on the field last Sunday, but still recorded more shots than any other player. He will likely start at centre-forward, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang shifting to the left of the attack.
- Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso recorded the most shots among his teammates against Huddersfield and also won a penalty.
- Eden Hazard played for just 14 minutes, but still, beat more opponents than any other Chelsea player (5).
- Willian contributed more key passes than any other Chelsea player against Huddersfield.
- Jorginho completed 93.9% of his passes on debut.
- Chelsea played just five crosses in the entire game against Huddersfield.
- David Luiz touched the ball 16 times more than any other player.
Odds are provided at time of writing, please check your betslip to confirm they have not changed before betting.