It’s been a cracking World Cup so far but we’ve still a bit more to come with the FINAL this Sunday.
Okay, probably not the final any of us were expecting as France take on Croatia but we should still have a cracking game. Both sides have looked impressive during the tournament, with France winning 5 of their 6 games, while many feel Croatia will start to feel the pace after their last three games went into extra-time – we’ll see!
France are the clear favourites to lift their second World Cup but with Croatia looking for their first success in football’s flagship event they are not going to just roll over.
They’ve met five times in the past and France are yet to lose to Croatia, however, the last two meetings have ended all-square which will certainly give Croatia a bit of hope.
Plenty to look forward to, so, as always, let’s take a look at the main head-to-head stats.
Let’s get cracking!
Sunday 15th July 2018
Croatia v France (2018 World Cup Final)
– Met 5 times before, Croatia 0, Draw 2, France 3
– Last played (2011), France 0-0 Croatia
– FIFA World Rankings, Croatia 20, France 7
– The last 2 head-to-heads ended in draws
– Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
– France have NEVER lost to Croatia
– 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– France have kept a clean-sheet in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
– France have lost just one of their last 18 games
– Both teams have scored in 7 of France’s last 12 games
– 6 of France’s last 12 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Olivier Giroud is France’s current top scorer (31 goals)
– Croatia have lost just 1 of their last 9 games
– 4 of Croatia’s last 7 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Croatia have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 7 games
– Mandzukic is Croatia’s current top scorer (32 goals)
STATZONE VERDICT: FRANCE TO WIN (90 mins)
Also published on Medium.